All references to ‘our’, ‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘company’ within this policy are deemed to refer to Metrofile Holdings Limited (“Metrofile”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies and any of their respective associated companies and related businesses (“Metrofile Group” or “Group”).
- Visitors of our website available at: https://www.metrofilegroup.com
- Employees (including permanent, temporary or contract employees)
- Clients/ customers or prospective clients/ customers
- Third parties
- All of the above collectively referred to as “you”
It should be noted that additional Privacy requirements and notices, as applicable, will be included subject to the relationships that we have with you. For example, where we process the Personal Information of Data Subjects on behalf of our clients (i.e. we are an Operator), additional Privacy requirements may be stipulated in the binding legal contract between us and our client.
- Collection of Personal Information
While visiting our website, you may be requested to provide certain Personal Information, which identifies you as an individual (including, but not limited to, your name and contact details). Such information may be collected in the following manner:
- On registration for the Client zone.
- When logging onto the Client zone we collect information about your online identifiers including your username and password to authenticate your access into the system.
- On voluntary basis when you submit an enquiry form, we request mandatory identifying information (including, your name, email address and phone number).
- On voluntary basis when you use the live chat functionality.
- On voluntary basis when you sign up for our newsletter
- On voluntary basis when you submit an enquiry or subscribe to content on our investor relations page.
1.2 Purpose for collection
We may process your Personal Information in a number of ways including when you:
- visit our website, we may collect usage information which may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, duration of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. This information may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of the website and improving usability;
- provide Personal Information when purchasing our products and / or services. The information is processed for use and /or administration of the product / service you require and may include your company name, first name, surname, credit card information, city and email address. This information is processed for the purpose of supplying our products and / or services to you, communicating with you and establishing and maintaining a relationship with you’
- provide Personal Information in the course of a submission of an enquiry, including an enquiry pertaining to available vendor and/or service provider opportunities, on our website “contact us” page. The Personal Information is processed for the purpose of responding to your enquiry and may include your company name, first name, surname, city and / or email address;
- provide Personal Information for a vendor or service provider opportunity in the form of Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Quotation (RFP) and/or Request for Information (RFI). The information is processed for the purpose carrying out a proper tender process. Such information may include information about the incorporation or registered name of your business, tax information, company BBBEE information, company address and company contact person’s first name, surname and / or email address; and/or
- We may process Personal Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters This information may be processed for the purposes of sending you the relevant notifications and/or newsletters. You may choose to opt-out of receiving these communications at any given time by notifying us or by unsubscribing from the mailing list.
- On an ad-hoc basis you may provide us with certain Personal Information on a voluntary basis when you fill out an enquiry form in the question section of our “contact us” page, or contact us via social media, or when you email us, or when you provide Personal Information to support a request logged by you to us for the above collection means.
Note: Process includes collecting, receiving, recording, organising, collating, storing, updating, modifying, retrieving, altering, consulting or using, disseminating, distributing or making available and merging, linking, blocking, degrading, erasing, destroying Personal Information. Processing of Personal Information is also performed to comply with applicable laws.
As many other websites, we use “cookies” (or other types of tracking software) to help us gather information from visitors to our website about you, which is not personally identifiable. For example:
- The IP address from which you access the site
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the site
- The date and time of your access to the site
- The pages you visit
- The internet address of the website from which you accessed the site
No information which personally identifies you will be collected through cookies. You can obtain information about how to manage cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Third parties (including, but not limited to, software providers, advertisers and ad placement agencies) may also use tracking technologies by or through the site. We have no responsibility or liability for any tracking, data collection or other activities of such third parties.
We may keep your Personal Information in either electronic or hard copy form. In both cases, we take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that the Personal Information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
3.1 Third party disclosure
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to give effect to a contract with you, or where we have a legitimate interest in doing so. These are some of the instances where we may share your Personal Information with third parties, who may include:
- Other subsidiaries and entities of Metrofile Group.
- Our website hosting and software development partners, as well as other third party service providers who assist us with operating this website.
- Researchers and analytics providers; and
- Third parties as required by law.
Should there be a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganisation or liquidation of our company, we may transfer your information to third parties involved in the sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganisation or liquidation. By providing any Personal Information to us, you fully understand and clearly consent to the fact that we may transfer such Personal Information in these cases.
Note: When we share Personal Information with these third parties, we will require them to honour this policy, to the full extent required by applicable law.
3.2 Mandatory disclosure
We may disclose your Personal Information if permitted by law or required to do so by law or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our clients or users of our site. Such instances can include disclosing your Personal Information to the following:
- To regulators as law or governmental audit requires;
- Law enforcement as subpoena or court order requires; or
- Other third parties as applicable law requires.
We take Protection of Personal Information seriously and we take precautions to keep your Personal Information secure. Therefore, with due regard to generally accepted information security and handling practices and procedures we seek to secure the integrity and confidentiality of Personal Information in our possession by taking appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent loss of, damage to or unauthorised destruction of Personal Information; and unlawful access to or processing of Personal Information. However, as the website is accessible via the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot guarantee the security of information you send to us online (including that it will not be intercepted). You send information to us online at your own risk.
As a Data Subject of Metrofile you have the right and responsibility to ensure that the Personal Information we hold about you is accurate. In the absence of evidence to the contrary, we will assume that the information you provided to us is accurate. At your request, where the law requires us to do so, you can exercise your Data Subject rights as per the following, subject to verification and validation of your identity:
- Request access to your Personal Information that Metrofile holds about you as set out in our PAIA manual.
- Request rectification of your Personal Information that Metrofile holds about you.
- Request erasure, as permitted by law, of your Personal Information that Metrofile holds about you.
- Request restriction of processing of your Personal Information.
- Object to processing of Personal Information as permitted by law.
- Lodge a complaint as it pertains to the processing activities of your Personal Information.
In order to exercise any of the above you can contact us on Privacy@metrofilegroup.com.
As is common for websites and based on our international footprint, we may automatically transfer your Personal Information outside of the country in which it was collected to a foreign country. At times, we may transfer your information to our group companies for business development, market research or to share it between group companies for direct marketing purposes.
As a multinational, Metrofile adheres to applicable laws where it operates.
This site may contain links or references to other websites outside of our control. Please note that our Website Privacy statement does not apply to these sites and that we do not control the Privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage you to read the Privacy statements of linked or referenced sites you enter.
The information, software, products, and services included in or available through the Metrofile website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. Metrofile and/or its suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in the Metrofile website at any time. Advice received via the Metrofile website should not be relied upon for personal, medical, legal or financial decisions and you should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Metrofile and/or its suppliers make no representations about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, and accuracy of the information, software, products, services and related graphics contained on the Metrofile website for any purpose. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, all such information, software, products, services and related graphics are provided “as is” without warranty or condition of any kind. Metrofile and/or its suppliers hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, software, products, services and related graphics, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Metrofile and/or its suppliers be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the Metrofile website, with the delay or inability to use the Metrofile website or related services, the provision of or failure to provide services, or for any information, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through the Metrofile website, or otherwise arising out of the use of the Metrofile website, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, even if Metrofile or any of its suppliers has been advised of the possibility of damages.
or at the address provided in the “Contact Us” section on the website.
Consent refers to voluntary agreement to some act, practice or purpose. It has two elements: knowledge of the matter agreed to, and voluntary agreement. Consent can be express or implied.
Express consent is given explicitly, either orally or in writing. Implied consent arises where consent may reasonably be inferred in the circumstances from the conduct of the individual and the organisation.
Data Subject refers to the person (natural or juristic, where applicable) to whom the Personal Information relates.
Operator refers to a person who processes Personal Information for a responsible party in terms of a contract or mandate, without coming under the direct authority of that party.
Our’, ‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘company’ refers to Metrofile Holdings Limited (“Metrofile”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies and any of their respective associated companies and related businesses (“Metrofile Group” or “Group”)
Personal Information refers to information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person.
Third Party refers to any entity, whether an individual or a company, whom is not part of the Metrofile entity organisational structure but works with Metrofile. Examples include Consultants, Outsourcers, etc.
Copyright © 2020 Metrofile Holdings Limited. All rights reserved.